Dye fun.

Standard

First time using acid dye.

image

Arrange sliver of Blue faced wool in the bottom of my new dying pot 😉

image

Mix up my yummy colours.

image

Way too much red me thinks….opps just realized that I totally messed up the recipe! Duh!
Turned out not too bad.

image

But WAY too much dye left so added bright yellow to brighten it up a bit. (In for a penny, in for a pound eh?)

image

Which is sorta looking like this…

image

So all in all a good learning experience. I can’t wait for it to dry.

Mean while I was fooling around with this pattern. It is called Capucine by Adela Illichmanova

image

I used some of my older wool that is thicker than what I make today (about 12 WPI) and dyed using a loosely wrapped ball technique and dyed with black cherry Koolaide but it turned out pretty well.

image

image

Old mother Hubbard! 😉 but I am sooo useless at taking “selfies”

Little loose but good for a prototype, I like the technique I used to get this graded colour. I think I will do it again with a beautiful Ashford blue.

Now I am sorta turning in circles today, tons of things I want to do but don’t know where to start. I think I will start with a tea and then hide all the threads on this baby panel I did yesterday.

image

No shortage of things to do it is just that I want to do ALL of them at ONCE. 😉

Have a great day everyone.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s